Thursday, October 20, 2005

Who are You and why are you blogging

Once upon a time, there was a quaint little satire site, called Scrappleface.  As of today, that site has had this many visitors since 21 Sep 2002.  I found that site in the fall of 2004, and began posting there as "Rick".  My first post was full of irony and I was immediately attacked by Mack and Hankmeister.  Camojack and Hawkeye® got it and defended me.  After a while posting as Rick, I noticed others using that name (not surprising - common name) and began posting as Pat'sRick©.  That persona was my true, conservative self.  Since Scrappleface was a humor site, I thought it would be fun to have another identity to post outrageous liberal talking points referenced to original source documents that refuted them.  Someone had posted a few times as "A Random Liberal", so I adopted "Another Random Liberal." 
 
Some of the Scrapplers thought I was actually Liberal Larry, but I did not even know who he was until the Tsunami when I followed a link to his site.  Some Scrapplers attacked Another Random Liberal without following the links.  Others caught on and suggested I was really a conservative in disguise.
 
To avoid confusing people, I created two other personae and allowed them to talk in my posts (Dave and Blarney).
 
Well, one day I decided to visit camojack's site and I wanted to leave him a message that I had been there.  Unfortunately, only registered bloggers could leave a message.  So I created Pat'sRick© Says.  After a while, I thought I might as well post some things.  Then I discovered that Chris Muir allowed folks to reference his political cartoons and I added that to the site.  So here we are.

No comments: