Sunday, June 04, 2006

Some of my favorite reads

I don't post often [sounds of laughter and cheering], but when I do, it is something about which I have genuine passion [sounds of waves crashing].

I have often let my day job encroach on my evenings. I have even let my family take precedence over my blog.

So, for those of you who come by just to see if there is something new, I thought I would point you to some classics.

Of course, you know that the inventor of the internet and role model for Love Story has produced his own documentary [coughing] called An Inconvenient Truth. Liberal Larry has provided an in-depth review of it:

That’s the “inconvenient truth” that Al Gore tries to awaken us to in his monumental new film. A triumph at Cannes even without any gay sex scenes, An Inconvenient Truth features a colorful ensemble of A-list climatologists and environmental experts, their weighty words and elaborate costumes lending credibility to what would otherwise be blown off as just another bearded lady in the circus sideshow of Al Gore’s mind. However, it is Al Gore himself who steals the show as the reluctant hero who would save humanity from its own greedy excesses, even as he fights his own personal demons. Fitted with a pair of recycled aluminum claws, Gore slashes his way through the veil of right-wing lies and exposes the world to the hard, inconvenient truth they’ve ignored for far too long. Where was this Al Gore during the 2000 presidential debates? Where was he during the entire election? No matter. The same Al Gore whose rugged outdoorsy machismo and pressed flannel shirts won the hearts of butch lesbians everywhere has returned…and with a vengeance.


Of course, you might want to read up on the facts:

The Real "Inconvenient Truth".

For background, follow the below links.

"Is Global Warming Always Bad?," by Patrick J Michaels, November 7, 2004

"Blowin' in the Wind," by Patrick J Michaels, August 3, 2005

"Thar She Blows," by Patrick J Michaels, August 20, 2005

"Warming Unlikely Culprit with Hurricanes" by Patrick J Michaels, October 24, 2005

No comments: